Chocolate-Covered Caramel Apple Sundaes
2010 Sundae Scoop-Off Grand Prize Recipe
- Recipe serves 4
- PREP TIME 15 min
- FREEZE TIME 30 min
- 2 cups Breyers® Extra Creamy Vanilla, slightly softened
- 2/3 cup canned apple pie filling
- 1 bottle (7.25 oz.) chocolate fudge ice cream topping that hardens
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 ounces white chocolate, melted (optional)
- 1/2 cup Breyers™ Caramel Flavored Ice Cream Sauce
- Freeze baking sheet 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Breyers® Extra Creamy Vanilla with apple pie filling in medium bowl. Scoop into 4 balls, then arrange on chilled baking sheet. Insert 1 wooden ice cream stick into each ball and freeze at least 30 minutes.
- Pour chocolate fudge ice cream topping into small bowl and arrange pecans on plate. Dip frozen balls into ice cream topping, twirling to coat, then immediately dip and roll bottom of ''apples'' in pecans. Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Keep frozen until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour caramel ice cream topping into bottom of each serving dish, then top each with ''apple''.
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||380|
|Total Fat||42 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||84 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|