Recipe serves 2
|PREP TIME||45 Minutes|
|COOK TIME||20 Minutes|
Oh My! It's Apple Pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust for (9-in.) pie
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Granny Smith apple [or Macintosh apples], peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Breyers® Butter Pecan
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll pie crust on ungreased baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle crust with 1/2 of the sugar mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until golden and crisp; cool.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat and cook apples, stirring occasionally, until almost tender. Stir in remaining sugar mixture and cook until apples are tender and glazed. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Whip cream, granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- To serve, evenly scoop 1/2 of the Breyers® Butter Pecan into 2 sundae dishes, then top each with 1/2 of the apple mixture. Repeat with remaining Ice Cream and apple mixture. Garnish with whipped cream. Break off pieces of pie crust and arrange 2 pieces on each sundae. Serve with remaining pie crust pieces.