Candied-Bacon Fudge Sundaes
2010 Sundae Scoop-Off First Prize Recipe
- Recipe serves 4
- PREP TIME 15 min
- COOK TIME 12 min
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups Breyers® Vanilla Fudge Twirl
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, then lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange bacon on prepared pan. Combine brown sugar, chili powder and allspice in small bowl; sprinkle over bacon. Bake, turning once, 12 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Let cool, then cut into small pieces; reserve aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream in medium metal bowl until soft peaks form. Whisk in maple syrup until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Toss pecans in liquid remaining on aluminum foil until coated. Bake pecans 1 minute or until pecans are toasted.
- To serve, scoop Breyers® Vanilla Fudge Twirl into serving bowls, then evenly top with bacon, pecans and maple whipped cream.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|