Day-At-The-Beach Ice Cream Cake
- Recipe serves 24
- PREP TIME 30 min
- FREEZE TIME 5 hr
- 2 containers (1.5 qt. ea.) Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream or Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, divided
- 1 package (16 oz.) vanilla cream-filled oblong sandwich cookies
- Beach Decorations*
- Into 9-inch springform pan, scoop about 1/2 of 1 container Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream, pressing to form an even layer. Place 20 cookies vertically against side of pan with sides touching, pressing Ice Cream against cookies to help stand up. In food processor, process remaining cookies until fine crumbs; set aside.
- Into pan, scoop remaining 1/2 container Ice Cream, pressing to form an even layer; sprinkle with 3/4 cup cookie crumbs. Scoop in remaining Ice Cream, pressing to form an even layer. Cover and freeze 5 hours or overnight. To serve, remove ring from pan and arrange cake on serving platter.
- For Beach Decorations, cut fruit leather and bubble gum into strips for "beach towels" and "rafts" and mold fruit chews into "surfboards". Use blue icing to attach bear-shaped cookies to "beach towels", "rafts" and ring candies. Chill icing, if needed, until firm enough to hold bears. Chill decorations until ready to add to cake.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on 1/2 of cake for "beach". Use icing on other 1/2 for "water" and "waves". Garnish with prepared decorations and paper "beach umbrella". Freeze until ready to serve.
*Beach Decorations: Assorted fruit leather, bubble gum strips, fruit chews, ring-shaped candies, blue decorating icing, mini bear-shaped cookies and paper umbrella.
TIP: To easily mold fruit chews, microwave a few seconds until slightly softened.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|