Football Ice Cream Cake
- Recipe serves 16
- PREP TIME 30 min
- COOK TIME 22 min
- FREEZE TIME 3 hr
- Chill Time 45 min
- 1 box (16 oz.) angel food cake mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 1 container (1.5 qt.) Breyers® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 can (16 oz.) chocolate frosting
- 2 packages (.8 oz. ea.) white decorating gel
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 15-1/2 x 10-1/2-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
- Combine cake mix with cocoa powder in large bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into prepared pan. Bake 22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Run metal spatula around edges of cake to loosen; sift sugar onto cake. Invert onto clean kitchen towel; remove parchment paper. Trim off excess cake, if needed.
- Starting at short end of cake, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, folding towel into cake; refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Unroll cake on cutting board. Cut carton from Breyers® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with scissors. Arrange Ice Cream on it's side and cut crosswise into 8 slices. Arrange slices on cake leaving 2-inch border at one end of cake, pressing to form an even layer. Roll cake up tightly, using towel to help roll cake; freeze 3 hours or overnight. Freeze serving platter 30 minutes before serving.
- Remove towel from cake on cutting board. Cut off all 4 corners to form football shape with serrated knife. Arrange cake on chilled serving platter; frost. Use white gel for "football threads".
- For "grass", mix coconut, water and food coloring until coconut turns green in small resealable plastic bag; sprinkle around cake. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
Cost per recipe*: $14.35. Cost per serving*: $0.90. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||59 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|