Sand Castle Ice Cream Cake
- Recipe serves 12
- PREP TIME 40 min
- FREEZE TIME 4 hr
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) Devil's food cake mix
- 1 container (1.5 qt.) Breyers® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies or graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (225 mL) marshmallow creme
- Sand Castle Decorations*
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, baking in two 8-inch square baking pans. Cool 15 minutes on wire racks. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely. Trim tops of cake to flatten. Wrap cakes in aluminum foil; freeze at least 2 hours.
- Remove cakes from foil and arrange 1 layer on serving platter. With scissors, cut carton from Breyers® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Arrange Ice Cream on its side, then slice crosswise into 4 slices. Arrange slices on cake, pressing to form an even layer. Top with second cake, pressing down slightly. Freeze 2 hours or overnight.
- Frost cones with vanilla frosting, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup cookie crumbs; set aside.
- Combine whipped topping with marshmallow creme in large bowl with rubber spatula until smooth. Frost cake with whipped topping mixture, then sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Attach frosted cones for "turrets" and attach fruit leather "flags" with wooden skewers or toothpicks. Add pretzels for "drawbridge". Cut oblong cookies with serrated knife to make "windows" and "door". Draw "window panes" with white decorating gel. Add gum drops for "ramparts" and pipe blue frosting for "water. Sprinkle additional cookie crumbs for "sand" outside castle. Freeze until ready to serve.
*Sand Castle Decorations: 3 chocolate-filled oblong chocolate sandwich cookies, 1 tube white cake decorating gel, red fruit leather, 6 thin pretzel rods, 20 small assorted gum drops and 1 can blue aerosol frosting.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||290|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Trans Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbs||110 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||4 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|