Pumpkin Ice Cream Bombe
- Recipe serves 16
- PREP TIME 30 min
- FREEZE TIME 4 hr
- 1 package (10.75 oz.) frozen prepared pound cake or angel food cake, thawed
- 1 container (1.5 qt.) Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 3/4 cup Breyers™ Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sauce, room temperature
- 1 wafer ice cream cone
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- 4 green taffy candy strips
- 1 piece green fruit leather
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping
- 1 jar (225 mL) marshmallow creme
- Orange paste food coloring
- Line 2-1/2-quart glass or aluminum bowl with plastic wrap leaving 6-inch overhang; set aside. Slice pound cake into 14 slices. Line bowl with cake, cutting cake into triangles as needed to fit.
- Scoop 1/2 of the Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into bowl, pressing to form an even layer. Pour in room temperature hot fudge topping, leaving 1-inch border. Scoop in remaining Ice Cream, pressing to form an even layer; cover with overhanging plastic wrap. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Freeze serving platter 30 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, for "pumpkin stem", cut wide top section off ice cream cone with serrated knife; place bottom section upside down on plate. Spoon frosting into pastry bag with small star tip or small plastic bag with corner snipped, then pipe small stars onto cone. Chill at least 20 minutes.
- For "leaves", microwave taffy candy in microwave-safe pie plate lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray at HIGH 5 to 10 seconds or until the four strips can be pressed together to make 1 large piece. Cut out 2 heart shapes with 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter or sharp knife. Press "veins" into hearts with back of knife; press to form curved leaf shape; set aside.
- For "tendril", cut thin strip from fruit leather; wrap tightly around a straw and freeze.
- Spoon whipped topping into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme and whisk until smooth. Stir in food color to desired color. Lift Ice Cream from bowl using plastic wrap and invert onto chilled serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Spread orange cream mixture over bombe.
- Decorate with "pumpkin stem", "leaves" and "tendril".
TIP: Substitute TWO of your favorite flavor Breyer's All Natural Ice Cream by using half a container of each.
|Serving Size||per serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|