Double Apple Butter Pecan Compote
- Recipe serves 4
- PREP TIME 15 min
- COOK TIME 1 hr 20 min
- 1/2 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Gala apples, divided
- 2 McIntosh apples
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 split vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Breyers® Butter Pecan
- Combine 1/2 cup water and the granulated sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 2 minutes. Set aside to cool about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice 1 Gala apple into 12 thin slices and dip into sugar syrup. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 1 hour or until crisp.*
- Peel, core and chop McIntosh apples and remaining Gala apple. Combine with light brown sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon water and vanilla bean in medium saucepan. Cover and allow to simmer 15 minutes or until apples are soft. Remove vanilla bean before serving.
- To serve, arrange 3 apple chips slightly overlapping on each dessert plate; top with a spoonful of apple compote. Scoop 1/2 cup Breyers® Butter Pecan onto each plate.
- If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon.
*Alternately, use store-bought apple chips.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|