Make It Yours Cookie Recipe-Ice Cream Sandwiches
Soft and chewy cookies are delicious as ice cream sandwiches right out of the freezer!
- Recipe serves 18
- PREP TIME 10 min
- COOK TIME 12 min
- FREEZE TIME 2 hr
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Buttery Sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Rainbow colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat Country Crock® Buttery Sticks, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda just until blended.
- Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Spread ice cream (about 3 Tablespoonfuls) on flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie, flat side down. Roll in sprinkles and freeze. Repeat with remaining cookies, ice cream and sprinkles.
TIP: To change it up - try one of the following delicious variations and bake as directed in recipe.
Chocolate - Stir in 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder until blended. Bake as directed in recipe. Fill with chocolate ice cream and roll in chocolate sprinkles. Makes 18 sandwiches.
Peanut Butter - Stir in 3 Tbsp. extra crunchy peanut butter. Bake as directed in recipe. Fill with chocolate ice cream and roll in chopped peanut butter cups. Makes 18 sandwiches.
Mini - Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls and bake as directed in recipe. Fill with ice cream and roll in sprinkles. Makes 22 mini sandwiches.
TIP: Make it Yours and fill with your favorite ice cream flavor then roll in mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chopped dried fruit, toasted coconut or assorted sprinkle colors.
Tip: These cookies are also terrific when made with our Country Crock® Spread. Simply increase the flour by 1/2 cup. Our spread is so creamy there's no need to use the mixer!
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|