STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM
MAKE-AHEAD: Cake batter and glaze can be made up to 2 days ahead, covered separately and refrigerated. Gently rewarm glaze over low heat for about 1 minute, or until it is a pourable consistency.
- Recipe serves 10
- PREP TIME 15 min
- COOK TIME 1 hr 20 min
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 1/3 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350° .
- Spray inside of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Spray parchment.
- In a small saucepan, bring 2/3 cup water to a simmer. Add cocoa powder and whisk for about 30 seconds, or until mixture has thickened slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla to blend. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk between each addition. Whisk in cocoa powder mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and wrap pan tightly with plastic wrap
- Place pan in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Add enough boiling water to dish to come halfway up sides of pan. Tent baking dish tightly with aluminum foil. Carefully transfer dish to oven and bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until cake springs back when gently pressed and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove plastic wrap and transfer loaf pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cream just to a simmer. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let sit for 3 minutes. Whisk glaze until smooth.
- Invert cake onto a serving platter. Remove parchment. Pour about 1/4 of glaze over warm cake. Slice and serve with Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and remaining glaze.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||250|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Total Carbs||57 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||8 %|