Recipe serves 12
|PREP TIME||20 Minutes|
|COOK TIME||50 Minutes|
|Serving Size per serving without ice cream|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||240|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 2 cups chopped pecans (about 8 oz.)
- 1 bar (3 oz.) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup*
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll pastry into 14-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Lift and press into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Fold excess pastry under and press together to form a thick crust, then flute edges. Fill with pecans, then chocolate; chill.
- Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs in medium bowl, with fork. Stir in corn syrup, sugar, Crock® Spread and vanilla. Slowly pour into pie crust over pecans and chocolate.
- Bake 50 minutes or until center is set, covering edge of crust with aluminum foil after 30 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- *For a New England twist to this Southern classic, substitute 1/4 cup pure maple syrup for 1/4 cup corn syrup.
- Cost per recipe*: $11.93. Cost per serving*: $0.99. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.