- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PLUS 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 3 1/2 lbs. (1.75 kgs) golden delicious apples or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 2 tsp.(10 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 L) Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
Amount per serving
Serving Size: 8
Amount per: 1 serving
- Calories 530
- Total Fat 23g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 430mg
- Total Carbs 78g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Sugars 46g
- Protein 5g
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 10%
- Vitamin C 15%
- Vitamin A 10%
Line 9-in. (1 L) pie plate with 1 pie crust. Leave edges overhanging; chill until ready to use.
Combine 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add apples and lemon juice and toss to coat. Arrange apples in prepared pie crust, mounding in center. Place second crust over apples and press gently to adhere to lower crust. Fold overhanging crust over; flute edge and cut a small hole in center to vent. Chill 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Brush pie with egg wash. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)sugar. Place on baking sheet in the lower third of oven. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Bake additional 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until apples are tender, filling is bubbling and crust is golden. Cool on wire rack before serving.
Serve topped with Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
See nutrition information for fat and saturated fat content.