- 1 cup (250 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar, divided
- 2 packages (250 g. ea.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 container Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 can (650 g.) cherry pie filling or your favourite pie filling
Amount per serving
Serving Size: 16
Amount per: 1 serving
- Calories 370
- Total Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 11g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Sodium 180mg
- Total Carbs 45g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 27g
- Protein 4g
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 4%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Vitamin A 10%
Combine graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 50 mL sugar in medium bowl; press into a (23-cm) spring-form pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth; set aside.
Spoon Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into spring-form pan, pressing to form an even layer. Evenly spread on cream cheese mixture. Cover and freeze 5 hours or overnight. Freeze serving platter 30 minutes before serving.
Top cheesecake with cherry pie filling. Dip knife or metal spatula in hot water, then wipe dry and run around edge of cake to loosen. Remove ring from pan. Arrange cake on chilled serving platter.
VARIATION: For a Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake, use chocolate cookie crumbs and Breyer's® Creamery Style™ Chocolate or Dark Chocolate Velvet Real Ice Cream.