- 2 cups (500 mL) finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) margarine, melted
- 6 ounces (180 g) bittersweet chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate, (about 6 squares 30g ea.)
- 1 can (440 g.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) espresso granules
- 1 container (1.66 L) Breyers® Creamery Style™ Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) toasted sliced almonds
Amount per serving
Serving Size: 14
Amount per: 1 serving
- Calories 380
- Total Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 10g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 190mg
- Total Carbs 51g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Sugars 42g
- Protein 7g
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 10%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Vitamin A 10%
Combine 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cookie crumbs with margarine, then press into a medium size spring-form pan; freeze 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and espresso in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted; let cool about 15 minutes.
Spoon 1/2 Breyers® Creamery Style™ Chocolate Ice Cream into prepared pan, pressing to form an even layer. Evenly top with chocolate mixture, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 mL) almonds. Freeze 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Spoon in remaining Ice Cream, pressing to form and even layer. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Just before serving, remove sides from pan and coat sides of torte with remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) almonds.
TIP: Don't have a spring-form pan? Use a 9-inch (23-cm) round cake pan lined with plastic wrap instead!