- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 3 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 6 squares (1 oz. ea.) bittersweet chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp. espresso granules
- 1 container (1.5 qt.) Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, divided
Amount per serving
- Energy 0
- Protein 0.0g
- Carbohydrate incl. fibre 0.0g
- Carbohydrate excl. fibre 0.0g
- Sugar 0.0g
- Fibre 0.0g
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturated Fat g0.0
- Unsaturated Fat 0.0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0g
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol mg0
- Sodium 0mg
- Salt 0.00g
- Calcium <1%
- Iron <1%
- Potassium <1%
- Vitamin C <1%
- Vitamin A <1%
Combine 1-1/2 cups cookies crumbs with margarine, then press into 9-inch springform pan; freeze 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and espresso in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted; let cool about 15 minutes.
Spoon 1/2 Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream into prepared pan, pressing to form an even layer. Evenly top with chocolate mixture, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup almonds. Freeze 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Spoon in remaining Ice Cream, pressing to form and even layer. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Just before serving, remove sides from pan and coat sides of torte with remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup almonds.
TIP: Don't have a springform pan? Use a 9-inch round cake pan lined with plastic wrap instead!